Windshield covers are a popular addition to cars and SUVs. They’re easy to use, keep your car’s interior from getting dirty, and can even protect you from the sun’s UV rays. They’re also pretty affordable — some windshield covers cost as little as $20 for a pair (a great price for something that will last for years). But are they worth it? Here’s what you need to know about windshield covers:
What are windshield covers?
Windshield covers are a type of car accessory that can protect your vehicle’s interior from dust and debris. They are usually made of fabric or plastic, and they are installed over the windshield and back window by simply snapping them into place.
The main benefit of this type of product is that it keeps the interior clean while you’re driving around town or on the highway. The materials used in these products are typically fairly thin, so they won’t interfere with using your mirror or sun visors. In addition, since they’re so easy to install, you’ll be able to put them on before getting into your car without having to remove anything else like seat belts or child car seats first (which may not even fit correctly anymore!).
Pros of windshield covers
- They help protect your windshield from UV rays, preventing the glass from cracking and becoming brittle.
- They protect against scratches that can lead to cracks in the future.
- They keep bird droppings out of your car, which can cause damage if left on there for too long.
- They keep tree sap off of your windshields and other surfaces as well, which dries into a sticky mess that is difficult to remove.
- Windshield covers also prevent bugs from splashing up onto the windshield and leaving residue behind when they fly away quickly enough that not much gets onto them at all (which happens more often than one might think).
- Windshield covers keep small dirt particles outside where they belong instead of bringing them into your vehicle every time you drive around town or go camping in nature—the latter being especially important since dirt makes it harder for wipers to work effectively when doing their job properly!
Cons of windshield covers
There are a few cons to windshield covers, even if they do protect your car from damage.
- They can be expensive.
- They aren’t always effective, especially if you have an older car that has trouble with condensation or temperature extremes (the covers will only help as much as the material allows them to.)
- They can be difficult to install and remove, especially in tight spaces like between your door frame and window jamb.
- They can be hard to store.
Are windshield covers really worth it?
In general, windshield covers are worth the investment if you drive your car for more than one hour per day or if you have a particularly valuable vehicle. If you have a standard car, then it’s unlikely that a cover will pay for itself. On the other hand, if you have an exotic sports car or rare classic automobile and spend a lot of time in it—say, every day—then investing in a windshield cover could be worth it.
Similarly, there are different types of windshield covers available at various price points. The cheapest covers are made from plastic and will scratch easily; they’re also less durable than acrylic or glass versions. More expensive versions come with UV protection and anti-fogging features that can make them more durable over time.
Your mileage may vary depending on how often you use your car and how much money (or insurance) is available to purchase one!
How much does a windshield cover cost?
The price of a windshield cover varies depending on the material and brand. Some covers cost only $5-$10, while others can retail for $100-$200.
If you’re looking for an inexpensive option, you can find a cover for your car, motorcycle, or RV from a variety of brands online. For example, this one is available on Amazon for $19.99:
If you have a windshield cover and it’s been keeping your car in good condition, then it is definitely worth it. However, this doesn’t mean that they are right for everyone. If you live in an area that gets a lot of snowfall or rain, then using this product may not be worth it because it can make cleaning much harder than if there wasn’t one covering the windshield.